- City of London Ohio
Sanitation: Trash Collection
The City of London Ohio Sanitation Department provides our residences and businesses top quality sanitation services. The "Service" starts with our safe, friendly and trustworthy crew that comes by on schedule in modern and automated collection vehicles. Service continues by our Sanitation Administrative Staff hired to answer your questions, and provide accurate billing. The Sanitation team then processes the collected items to recycle whenever possible... to protect our environment, and keep this beautiful City of London Ohio - beautiful.
- Waste Pick up Schedule. Monday - Friday schedule of pickups schedule for your review. (Download PDF document).
- Bulk Waste. Bulk Waste items include objects such as household appliances, furniture, and mattresses. Call the Sanitation Department to schedule pick-up at 740-852-1867 or 740-852-5821.
- Recycle Pickup. Protect our community - Place all recyclable — such as plastic, metal, paper and more — into the recyclable items bin.
- Yard Waste. The City of London Trash Collection services does NOT haul away yard waste, trimmings, leaves etc. Contact the Administrative Services to arrange for special pick up of tree clippings. Yard waste may also be taken to the transfer site at 233 Jenkinson Drive and disposed of in a hopper by the owner with proof of being a London resident by presenting a water bill.
You are required to complete an application for service in person at our office Board of Public Utilities 100 South Main Street. The office is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (Except for City Recognized Holidays) Proper identification. (Driver license or other accepted picture ID) Note: The process for an application for new service will not be started after 3:30 since office closes at 4:00 PM
- The current billing rate for residential services in a month the fee the city charges is $7.80 for the truck to go past your house. The city will pick up city authorized garbage bags that you may buy at several different locations throughout the city. There are white bags which cost $1 and red bags which cost 75 cents. The city is giving you these bags for free and requiring you to pay for the hauling of those bags from the City of London to the landfill. Non-authorized bags are twice the cost of official City of London bags.
- The city provides the opportunity for you to control the amount of waste that is placed in those bags by offering for you to recycle some of your waste material. Paper, other than corrugated cardboard, will be placed in the green box, and mixed recyclables, such as glass, aluminum, and #1 and #2 plastics will be placed in the red container.
- The more you recycle the less you put in the waste stream the less you have to pay to the City of London. The less the City of London has to pay for shipping and dumping of the waste material, the better the City and environment become. We encourage the use of recycling to lower your individual cost. This allows the sanitation pickup to be billed on a user-fee basis rather than one price fits all.
Sign- In Fee
Consumer deposit is required on new accounts. Per City ordinances, the property owners is ultimately responsible for any and all charges billed for water, sewer, sanitation services related fees at his/her property, whether the account carrier is the name of the owner or the tenant. Unpaid bills are subject to collection or service disconnection.
Residential utilities bills are mailed out the 1st of every month and are due on the 20th of the month. Failure to receive a bill does not waive obligation to pay when due.
PAYING YOUR BILL (OTHER THAN MAIL)
You can pay in person at our office located at 100 South Main St. during the hour of 8:00 am to 4:00 PM Mon-Fri (excluding City recognized holidays). We have a night deposit located by the front door. You may also pay your bill using your current on line banking service. We may not receive your payment electronically which means that your Bank will print and mail a check to us. This process may take 7 days.