The Mayor is elected by the citizens of London and serves as the Chief Executive Officer overseeing the City’s daily operations.
Some of the important duties of the office include:
• Directing the administrative structure, appointing and removing department heads and recommending staffing levels in order to efficiently provide services to the community.
• Making recommendations to City Council concerning the City budget, revenue sources and the availability of obtaining funding through grants.
• Appointing boards and commissions that enable citizens to participate in the government processes. These individuals help shape and influence public policy by lending a more diverse viewpoint for City Council to consider.
• Working to promote economic development.
• Meeting with County and State officials as needed and participates in joint ventures with other government agencies.
• Performing marriage ceremonies.
If you need to reach the Mayor's Office, we invite you to call: 740-852-3243.