The principal function fo the City of London Treasurer is to perform financial oversight, planning, and administrative duties, with responsibility over the City’s budget, accounting, auditing and related financial operations. The work is performed under the general direction of the Mayor, but considerable latitude is granted for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative. The principal duties of this class are performed in a general office environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinates and supervises all City activities related to finance, accounting, budgeting, and related financial policy transactions;
• Develops, implements, and administers the City’s annual budget;
• Administers annual audit functions;
• Administers City banking, investment, and debt policies;
• Manage the City’s finances to provide for bonded debt service for general obligation bonds, revenue bonds, and local improvement district bonds;
• Prepares and maintains financial, accounting, audit, and related records, reports, documents, correspondence, databases projections, and information files;
• Provides financial and accounting services and expertise to other City departments and agencies;
• Develops and implements department policies and procedures;
• Performs complex accounting procedures to reconcile City accounts and financial records with outside state and federal agencies, banks and financial institutions, and regulatory agencies;
• Provides financial reports, audits, and financial assistance as requested to City departments and agencies;
• Maintains official records for the City in role as City Treasurer;
• Manages special projects and programs as assigned by the Mayor;
• Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with City policies, procedures, and safety practices.
London Treasurer - Nathan Peters
The City of London Treasurer is Nathan Peters.
To reach Mr Peters, contact the Treasury Office at 740-852-1263.