- City of London Ohio
The Mayor is elected by the citizens of London and serves as the Chief Executive Officer overseeing the City’s daily operations.
Some of the important duties of the office include:
• Directing the administrative structure, appointing and removing department heads and recommending staffing levels in order to efficiently provide services to the community.
• Making recommendations to City Council concerning the City budget, revenue sources and the availability of obtaining funding through grants.
• Appointing boards and commissions that enable citizens to participate in the government processes. These individuals help shape and influence public policy by lending a more diverse viewpoint for City Council to consider.
• Working to promote economic development.
• Meeting with County and State officials as needed and participates in joint ventures with other government agencies.
• Performing marriage ceremonies.
If you need to reach the Mayor's Office, we invite you to call: 740-852-3243.