Do I need a license?

The London Ohio Board grants and regulates various types of alcohol and food licenses for local restaurants, nightclubs, private clubs, package stores, hotels, and inns. The Board also issues and regulates licenses for

  • london oh sealCommon victuallers (food only)
  • Hotels (both with alcohol and without alcohol)
  • Bowling alleys
  • Pool tables and amusement devices
  • Taxi Cabs
  • Lodging houses, dormitories and fortune tellers
  • Solicitors

To obtain the necessary application forms for the business licenses listed above, please contact the Administrative Office at (740-852-3243), e-mail or by visiting the City Administration Office in person. 

New business forms are also available in the City of London Income Tax section of this web site.

Please note: When establishing a new corporation in the City of London, in addition to becoming properly licensed, it is necessary to advise the City when a transfer of the license or change is made within the corporation structure.